We operate the ropeway services as, one of the major attractions, at the renowned Malampuzha Garden in Kerala.
Malampuzha Ropeway, Kerala, India
Malampuzha Gardens, one of the biggest tourist attractions of “Gods’ Own country”, attracts lakhs of tourists from Kerala & other states every year. Amidst the various attractions existing at Malampuzha, the major attraction is the Malampuzha Ropeway services provided by us. It is South India’s first and the only Passenger Ropeway of its kind. Flying over the garden at a height of 60 ft., providing the best panoramic view of the beautiful landscapes protected by the mammoth Dam, unique by nature, extremely safe and economical too, the twenty minutes sky-ride on Malampuzha Ropeway provides an unforgettable experience.
|In service since (Year) :||1991|
|Ropeway Type :||Monocable Fixed grip|
|Capacity (PPH) :||400|
|Speed (m/s) :||1.1|
|Vertical Rise (Meter) :||7|
|Length (Meter) :||626|
|Type of Cabin / Chair:||Semi enclosed, 2 Seater Chair|
|No. of cabin / chair :||66|
|Hauling Rope dia (mm) :||28|
|No. of Tower :||8|
There are 4 levels of Redundancies available –
- Diesel Generator Set – To be used in case of Grid Power failure
- Emergency Rescue Motor Drive – To be used in case of Main Drive Controller Failure , when Grid Power or Diesel Generator Power is available
- Emergency Rescue Diesel Engine Drive – To be used in case of Grid Power and Diesel Generator Power failure
- Manual Rescue System (with trained manpower) – To be used in case of Grid Power, Diesel Generator, Emergency Rescue Motor drive and Emergency Rescue Engine drive Failure
Operation and Maintenance Team
- One No Mechanical Engineers with over 25 years experience in ropeway operation and maintenance.
- One No Electrical Engineers with over 10 years experience in ropeway operation and maintenance.
- Five Operators with cumulative experience of over 70 years in cumulative ropeway operation and maintenance.
|Nearest bus terminal :||300 Mtr|
|Nearest railway station :||Palakkad, about 8 KM|
|Nearest airport :||Coimbatore, about 65 KM|
10:00 AM to 12:30 PM & 02:00PM to 06:30PM
Lunch Break – 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM
How To Contact
Malampuzha Gardens, Malampuzha Dam, PO : Palakkad, Dist : Kerala – 678651, Phone – 0491 – 2815129, +91 – 9946555782
Other Relevant Details
Ticket Tariff for one ride (to & fro)
|Single Ticket :||Rs 50 (For One person)|
|Family Ticket :||Rs 140 (To & Fro for a family of Two Adults & Two Children(below 130 cm height))|
|Student Ticket :||Rs 250 (For a group of 6 students)|
|VIP Ticket :||Rs 90 (To & Fro with priority boarding)|
Note – Children less than 110 CM height are free
What Facilities and Amenities are Available?
|Purified drinking water|
Places of Interest Around Malampuzha Ropeway
Palakkad Fort: This old granite fort situated in the very heart of Palakkad town is one of the best-preserved forts in Kerala. Built by Hyder Ali of Mysore in 1766, the fort was taken over and modified by the British in 1790. The fort is now preserved by the Archaeological Survey of India.
Nelliyampathy (40 km south of Nenmara): This fascinating hill station is at a height of 467 to 1572 m above sea level. At least 10 hairpin bends have to be negotiated on the Ghat road that passes through breathtaking evergreen forests of the Sahya Ranges. Seethakundu at Nelliyampathy offers a panoramic view of about one third of Palakkad.
Silent Valley National Park (40 km northwest of Mannarkad): The 89.52-sq. km national park is believed to be the sole surviving bit of evergreen forests in the Sahya Ranges. The peculiarity of the Silent Valley forest is that it is devoid even of the chirping of cicadas. Vehicular traffic is possible only up to Mukkali, nearly 24 km from the park. The River Kunthipuzha flows through the valley before merging with the River Bharatapuzha.
Attappady (38 km northeast of Mannarkad): A beautiful synthesis of mountains, rivers and forests, Attappady is of great interest to anthropologists as this is the habitat of many ancient tribes like the Irulas and Mudugars. The Malleeswaram Peak is worshipped as a gigantic Sivalinga by the tribal community celebrating the Sivarathri festival with great gusto.
Fantasy Park (2 km from Garden House): Kerala, and caters to the amusement needs and tastes of an entire family. There is a restaurant and ice-cream parlour within the park. The water merry-go-round, striking car, paratrooper, pirate boat, dragon coaster, Tora, Tora, mini tale combat, jumping horse, scooter ride, caterpillar, etc. are few other entertainment options at this fun world.
The park is located in an enchanting backdrop of mountain ranges of Malampuzha overlooked by the majestic mountain peaks of Western Ghats. It bagged the national award for the “Best Innovative Tourism Product” for Kerala in 1998.
Nearby hotels / accommodation
- Malampuzha Garden House (K.T.D.C.) Malampuzha. Phone: 0491-2815217
- Govardhan Holiday Village, Malampuzha. Phone : 0491-2815262 /63/64
- Hotel Tripenta, Malampuzha. Phone : 0491-2815120
- Devi Residency, Malampuzha. Phone : 0491-2815581