Ropeway General Info
Since ancient times, ropeways have been a highly developed, safe, reliable, and pollution-free mode of transportation. Now-a-days, passenger ropeways are not only used as an effective transportation system in mountainous regions and ski-resorts, but also for public transport, sightseeing transportation and in amusement parks.
Why Ropeway – As A Transport Solution?
- Most Environmental friendly – No harmful emissions, noise generation
- More Energy Efficient
- Least Land requirement
- Least deforestation
- High service quality – continuous transportation
- No disturbance to flora and fauna
- Cost effective
- Least Installation time
- Most suitable for difficult terrains
- Most reliable
Ropeway – Where can be installed?
- On a hill top
- Across a river
- Across a gorge
- At Ski Resorts
- At amusement parks
- In forests, parks, or open air museums for sight seeing
- Major cities for Mass Urban Transportation in
- Factories, construction sites, tea gardens etc for Material Transportation
- At construction sites like bridges & dams
Industrial ropeways (for transportation of material) are a very cheap, cost effective, and popular mode of transport. This system has specific advantages like not requiring road or rail, and can cross rivers, valleys etc.